How We May Collect or Receive Personal Data from You
Registration. Amway collects your personal data through the registration form that you complete and send to us in paper form or electronically through the Amway website (the "Website") in order to become an ABO or PC.
Logged in as ABO or PC. If you are logged in on the Website as an ABO or PC we may collect your personal data from you, for example, when you order products or services.
Contacting Us. You may also choose to submit your personal data and other information to us through various communication channels provided on the "Contact Us" webpage of the Website, for example, Amway e-mail addresses, telephone numbers or online forms.
The Types of Personal Data We May Collect
We may collect the following personal data from you:
- Contact information (e.g., name, postal or e-mail address, fax number and phone number);
- Gender, age, nationality, date and place of birth;
- Marital Status
- ABO or PC registration number, username;
- Passport details (including number, issue date, issue location and expiration date) and National ID number to the extent permitted or required by applicable law;
- ABO or PC performance information (e.g., class, status, group and personal qualifications under the Amway Sales and Marketing Plan and financial/bonus history);
- Product preferences, purchasing habits, purchasing history and spending behaviour;
- Communication preferences; and
- Your website usage, IP-address, browser type and operating system.
The Types of Sensitive Personal Data We May Collect
We may collect the following Sensitive personal data from you:
- Passwords for accessing our Site
- Payment information (e.g., such as bank account or credit card numbers);
We may collect other personal data in exceptional circumstances only. If we do need to process such personal data about you, we will make sure that there is a valid legal basis for doing so (e.g. your explicit consent).
How We Use the Personal and Sensitive Data We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- To manage your registration as an ABO or PC.
- Create and manage your online account and respond to your inquiries;
- Process your orders of products or services;
- Communicate with you (e.g., about products or services that we offer, or intend to offer);
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business, including by:
- Evaluating your satisfaction with our current communications, materials, products and/or services;
- Developing new products and services and determining the effectiveness of our advertising; and
- Tracking and analyzing your use of products, materials and/or services;
- Track, document and analyze your line of sponsorship;
- Assessing your performance under your Amway Business or Member Registration Agreement with us;
- In case of an ABO, provide business performance information to you (e.g., information on your line of sponsorship, purchase volumes, earned bonuses, levels of awards, your referring ABO or, and your upline ABO under the Amway Sales and Marketing Plan);
- In case of an ABO, provide your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address to ABOs in both your upline and your downline.;
- In case of a PC, provide information to you related to your purchases and under the loyalty program.
- In case of PC, your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address to your Servicing Distributor and other ABOs in his upline.
- Perform accounting, auditing, billing and collection activities;
- Enforce contractual terms and conditions;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities; and
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies.
If you choose not to provide your personal data or withdraw consent in writing subsequently, we may not be able to provide the above services and reserve the right to terminate the ABO or PC contract with you.
How We May Share Personal and Sensitive Data
Amway does not sell, rent or trade or publish your personal and sensitive data except as required by law. Amway may share your personal and sensitive data only with:
- Entities within the Amway group to whom it is reasonably necessary or desirable for Amway to disclose personal and Sensitive data;
- Government authorities or other third parties, if required by law or reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of others or ourselves.
How We May Share Personal Data
- For ABOs
With ABOs in your upline or downline organization, to support your business and/or allow communication regarding product advice, ordering advice and product information for the products that you order from Amway; and
- For PCs
With your Servicing Distributor and his upline ABOs.
International Data Transfers
How We Protect Personal Data
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational security safeguards designed to protect the personal data you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
How Long We Retain Personal Data
We store personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect the data (see above under "How We Use the Personal Data We Collect"), except if required otherwise by law.
Your rights under applicable law may include access to the personal data we process about you and the right to have such personal data corrected.
How to Contact Us