- Amway is the World’s No. 1 direct selling company [i] with presence in over 100 countries and territories.
- Globally, Amway is 60 years old, USD 8.8 billion, manufacturer and direct seller of high-quality consumer goods.
- Amway's innovation and industry-leading R&D has seen more than 800 patents granted and another 240 patents pending. Amway has close to 1,000 scientists across 100 research and development and quality assurance laboratories worldwide.
About Amway India
- Amway India is a wholly owned subsidiary of Amway with headquarters located in Ada, Michigan, USA.
- Established in 1995, Amway India commenced commercial operations in May 1998 and has emerged as the largest FMCG Direct Selling Company in the country.
- Amway India offers Indian citizens an unparalleled opportunity to own and operate their own business by selling more than 140 distinctive quality consumer products.
- Amway India has close to 2500 direct and indirect employees. The company was recently awarded the ‘Great Place to Work 2018’ in recognition for its outstanding workplace culture.
- Amway’s first manufacturing facility in India is located at Nilakottai in the Dindigul district of Tamil Nadu. India is one of two key global manufacturing hubs for Amway, along with China, in addition to the company’s U.S.-based manufacturing operations. Amway manufacturing facility has won the prestigious LEED Gold Certification from the U.S. Green Building Council for being one of the most environment friendly and sustainable manufacturing facilities in the country.
Amway offers world class products supported by money back guarantee for 100% satisfaction of use
- All Amway products are supported by a money back guarantee for 100% satisfaction of use. Any direct seller or customer can return products within 30 days from the date of purchase[ii]
- Amway products are popular not just in India but across the world. Nutrilite is the world's No. 1 selling vitamins and dietary supplements brand[ii], while Artistry is India’s No. 1 premium skin care brand[iv]
Promoting Free Enterprise and Self-Employment
- Amway provides entrepreneurial opportunity for those who want to own and run a business. Currently, Amway India has over 550,000 active Direct Sellers of which 60% are women.
- Amway India invests significant time and resources in training all its direct sellers. The company conducts over 18,000 training sessions during an average 12-month period which are attended by more than 800,000 Amway direct sellers and prospects. Amway also offers digital learning portal (E-learning) for Amway direct sellers. The training support empowers and educates the direct sellers about Amway product range which helps them understand the products and recommend appropriate products to their customers
- Amway direct sellers follow a Code of Ethics and Rules of Conduct consistent with the World Federation of Direct Selling Associations (WFDSA), which defines the goals, principles and responsibilities in building and operating an Amway business.
- Amway is in the business of direct selling which means that the company sells through individuals who make personal recommendations regarding the use of distinctive high-quality products and earn commissions on sales volume and there is no fee to join Amway business.
Amway India’s CSR initiatives
Amway’s vision is to help people live better lives and enable the less privileged section of the society, especially children, to lead a better life. While Amway India started commercial operations in 1998, Amway took its first step in the social sector in 1996. Since then, Amway has been actively engaged in contributing towards the welfare of the underprivileged. Amway’s CSR initiatives have so far impacted the lives of more than 5 lakh individuals.
Amway India’s key focus areas are Promoting health & education, Livelihood enhancement and Improving communities around its manufacturing plant.
- Amway’s National Project for the visually impaired provides education and livelihood opportunities. Over the past 20 years, the project has impacted more than 2.50 lakh lives and serves as a platform for their integration with the mainstream society.
- Project Sunrise, launched in 2008, provides support in health & education for underprivileged children. The program has benefitted the lives of over 35,000 children across 60 cities.Power of 5 campaign, a community-based global campaign was launched in 2018 in India to address childhood malnutrition. The program has benefitted the lives of 40,000 beneficiaries (children below 5 years, frontline workers, parents, caregivers and community members). Amway India extended support in the areas of Entrepreneurship & Livelihood training in Muzzaffarpur & Chapra in Bihar and Ambedkarnagar & Mirzapur in Uttar Pradesh for the upliftment of underprivileged women. The program has benefitted
- Amway India has undertaken community development projects around its manufacturing plant in the Dindigul district, Tamil Nadu, to promote inclusive growth and sustainable development with programs focusing towards restoring water resources as well as providing quality healthcare for the benefit of the villagers. The program has benefitted more than 1 lakh villagers living in the rural areas of the Dindigul district, Tamil Nadu.
[i] Ranked by the DSN Global 100. June 2017 edition. Based on 2016 revenues.
[ii] As per Amway refund policy
[iii]Source: http://www.euromonitor.com/amway-claims Source Euromonitor International Limited; Vitamins and Dietary Supplements, World, GBN, Retail Value RSP, % breakdown, 2016 data
[iv] Source Euromonitor International Limited; Beauty and Personal Care 2017 edition; as per premium skin care definitions; retail value sales; UBN; 2016 data