What are oral care products?
Oral care products are which help to maintain oral hygiene and help to maintain the cleanliness of the oral cavity. A healthy set of teeth also gives a person an attractive smile, which can have a positive impact on self-esteem and social interactions.
Here are a few general pointers about brushing * :
- Brush at least twice a day:
Brush before going to sleep as the mouth gets drier at night with the decrease in saliva flow. Saliva fights the growth of bacteria in your teeth. This makes it easier for acids from bacteria to attack your teeth. Also try to brush in the morning, either before or after breakfast. After breakfast is better. That way, bits of food are removed. But if you eat in your car or at work or skip breakfast, brush first thing in the morning. This will get rid of the plaque that built up overnight.
Along with brushing twice daily, in the morning and at night. However, you have to adopt the right method using good quality oral care products.
- Brush two times a day:
- Brush before going to sleep as the mouth gets drier at night with decrease in saliva flow. Saliva fights the growth of bacteria on your teeth. This makes it easier for acids from bacteria to attack your teeth. Also try to brush in the morning, either before or after breakfast. After breakfast is better.
- Brush lightly:
Brushing too hard can damage your gums. It can cause them to recede (move away from the teeth).
- Brush for at least two minutes:
Two minutes is the minimum time you need to clean your teeth.
Try to brush your teeth in the same order every day. This can help you cover every area of your mouth. If you do this routinely, it will become second nature.
- Always use a toothbrush with soft or extra-soft bristles:
The harder the brush, the greater the risk of harming your gums.
- Change your toothbrush regularly:
Discard your old toothbrush after three months or when the bristles start to flare, whichever comes first. If your bristles flare much sooner than every three months, you may be brushing too hard.
Apart from using good teeth cleaning products, it is vital to eat a healthy, well-balanced diet. Avoid carbonated drinks and other sugary food like candy, as it can damage the teeth.
*Indian Dental Association (ida.org.in)
How to choose the right teeth-cleaning products?
Some of the best oral care products will include ingredients such as:
- Sodium fluoride to prevent tooth decay -Sodium fluoride is a chemical compound that is commonly used as an active ingredient in teeth cleaning products, as it helps to prevent tooth decay. Fluoride strengthens the tooth enamel, makes it more resistant to acid attacks and remineralizes and repairs early-stage cavities. Sodium fluoride is the most commonly used form of fluoride in oral care products because it is stable, easy to formulate, and safe and effective for preventing tooth decay.
- Cloves to fight inflammation and sensitivity- Clove has been traditionally used in Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine for its anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. In teeth cleaning products, clove is one of the natural ingredients that help in toothache. It contains a compound called eugenol, which has been found to have antimicrobial properties. It is also used in oral care products because of its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Hydrated silica for abrasiveness -Hydrated silica is another key ingredient to watch out for in toothpaste. It is an abrasive agent. It is primarily used for its abrasiveness, which helps reduce dental stains from the surface of the teeth. It is important to choose oral care products that use an abrasive like hydrated silica which is safe for use and does not wear the enamel of the teeth.
- Neem to fight bacteria- Neem oil is used in teeth cleaning products as an antibacterial cleaner. Its antibacterial properties help control bad breath, prevent plaque build-up, and help fight bacterial infection in the mouth. Another reason to choose oral care products with neem is that they have anti-inflammatory properties that relieve pain in the mouth.
What are some benefits of using Amway's teeth cleaning products?
Regular use of Glister Multi-Action Toothpaste or Glister Multi-Action Toothpaste Herbals helps make the teeth stronger and whiter, apart from reducing plaque and external stains.
Glister Multi-Action Toothpaste Herbals also lower the risk of tooth decay. For fresher breath, reduced gum problems, and teeth sensitivity**, regular use of toothpaste is essential for complete oral care.
** claims as per clinical study & with regular brushing.
Glister Multi-Action Toothpaste Herbals contains several key ingredients with the following benefits:
- REMINACT™ formula helps redeposit essential minerals back onto the enamel to make teeth stronger and more resistant to decay: With regular brushing helps reduce plaque, and gently reduces surface stains and discoloration, such as those caused by coffee, tea, and smoking while offering enamel-safe polishing.
- Glister Multi-Action Toothpaste and Glister Multi-Action Toothpaste Herbals whitens teeth, makes teeth stronger, reduces surface stains & plaque and reduces the risk of tooth decay with regular brushing. - Accepted by Indian Dental Association
- Germ Protection for 12 hours##
- Freshens breath for 12 hours##
- Significant plaque reduction in 10 days*
- Reduces gum-related issues in as early as 10 days*
- Reduces sensitivity within 10 days* of regular use
*as per clinical study ##Basis clinical study conducted indicating a significant reduction in malodor and bacterial count up to 12 hours.
Herbals addition to the above have 11 ingredients with known benefits
- Spearmint Freshens breath
- Clove Helps fight foul breath, toothache, and cavity
- Basil is Known for germ protection
- Tea Tree is Known for protection against germs, foul-smelling breath
- Eucalyptol Fights against plaque
- Ginger is Known for germ protection
- Peppermint Freshens breath
- Camphor Cooling agent is known for germ protection
- Mulethi (MAG) Freshness-filled taste with natural sweetness
- Lemon Soothes toothache and cleanses teeth
- Neem is Known for germ protection
Glister Multi-Action Toothpaste contains several key ingredients with the following benefits:
- It offers 360-degree oral care and protection for sparkling white teeth. It cleans your mouth safely, fights cavities, and freshens your breath. It promotes remineralization through the REMINACT™ formula that helps redeposit essential minerals onto the enamel for teeth that are stronger and more resistant to decay.
- It effectively yet gently diminishes discoloration and stains from tea, coffee, smoking, etc., and polishes the teeth while being safe for the enamel.
- Glister Multi-Action Toothpaste whitens teeth, makes teeth stronger, reduces dental stains & plaque, and reduces the risk of tooth decay with regular brushing - Accepted by Indian Dental Association.
- It is clinically proven to reduce plaque in 10 Days* and significant whitening of teeth in as early as 10 days*
*As per the clinical study
How to choose the right toothbrush?
Our range of teeth cleaning products, such as toothbrushes, come with different contemporary features with a classic finish. Choose a soft-bristled brush that will not damage the teeth in the long run. Further, choose a style that is comfortable to hold and one that can reach different areas of the mouth. Here are some features of our range:
- Comfortable non-slip grip
- Accu-Pressure Point technology
- Gentle rounded soft or medium bristles
- Colourful and attractive products with a junior range
- Slender neck angled for a firmer reach
- PET packaging that is non-toxic and recyclable
- Advanced tongue cleaner
- Soft gum massager
- 360°oral cleaning
Why buy oral care products in India from Amway?
From multi-action herbal toothpaste and kids' toothpaste to advanced toothbrushes to classic family styles, come and explore our exciting range of oral care products to keep your teeth healthy and clean! From complete care bundles to travel kits.